The basic grey tee x3

Sunday, January 14, 2018


This week's post is all about styling a basic grey tee 3 different ways...


I am all about getting a good cost per wear ratio on the items in my wardrobe, and whenever I am contemplating buying something, I always run through the various possible outfits that could be worn with the potential new item. I tend to go for clothes that can be worn smart AND casual, day AND night, with heels AND with trainers. In other words, clothes that are truly versatile, which is why I love doing posts like this. I believe the clothes in your wardrobe should really work for you, and should be able to be worn many different ways several times over.

So without further ado, let's crack on!

Nibbled grey tee - Topshop

OUTFIT 1. STATEMENT BOOTS

This first outfit is giving me a lot of LA vibes (even though I've never been, it's on the bucket list!). It's super laid-back but also quite polished and clean.



I rolled up the sleeves of my oversized grey tee, chucked on my washed black, raw hem denim culottes and a pair of statement booties. Accessories are minimal; watch, sunglasses, neutral lipstick. With those boots, I don't think the outfit needs much else. The boots take the outfit from being basic to minimal chic.

Boots - Topshop SALE
Culottes - Zara SALE
Sunglasses - Rayban



OUTFIT 2: STATEMENT EARRINGS

Lately, I feel as though none of my outfits are complete without a pair of earrings! 

This second outfit has a smarter look to it.



I have traded my culottes for some slim-fit black joggers and thrown on my go-to black blazer. I added some accessories that not only complement the outfit but also each other. The earrings have hints of pink in it which are accentuated by the colour of my loafers.

Joggers - Zara
Blazer - Miss Selfridge
Loafers - Gucci
Earrings - Zara
Bag - Mulberry
Sunglasses - as before





OUTFIT 3: CHUNKY KNIT



For the final outfit, I kept the same joggers on as above but I have swapped the blazer for this awesome mustard chunky knit cardigan and worn my metallic booties again.

The different textures and colours works quite well in this outfit. You could opt for black boots or white trainers if these boots are a bit too much, but I absolutely love this combo!

CARDIGAN - River Island
Bag, sunglasses and joggers - As before




How else do you wear your basic tees?

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, and don't forget to follow me on Instagram @thestylecount to stay up-to-date on all of my blog posts and outfits :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments