Bag Review - Gucci Dionysus Shoulder Bag

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Hi loves!

For this week's blog post, I am reviewing my latest luxury purchase, the Gucci 'Dionysus small GG shoulder bag'



In my last bag review, I mentioned how luxury purchases are a massive deal for me, and not something I take lightly. I do a ton of research beforehand, and visit the bag and try it on a good few times before I make a decision.

I had been eyeing this particular bag up for months, in-store and online, along with the Gucci Marmont shoulder bag. I was undecided between the two, but ultimately I chose this one.

Why?

I felt that the Dionysus canvas print was classic, and I really love the structure of the bag compared to the Marmont. And also, given I had the Marmont cross-body bag already, I thought that getting the shoulder bag wouldn't look/feel very different.

I was a bit wary that I was buying ANOTHER Gucci bag, and that I should maybe venture towards another brand instead, but as I tried to look elsewhere nothing was quite matching up, so I took the plunge. I am so glad I did it! 



I bought the bag directly from Gucci and it took about 3-4 weeks to arrive, which I didn't mind as I wasn't in the biggest rush to use it. 

I love the structure, size and colour of this bag. To be honest, it doesn't go with everything, but it's not the kind of bag I would want to wear everyday anyway.

The canvas is coated in a protective chemical material so you can take it out in the rain. Even though the outer material is canvas, it's completely protected.

I can fit quite a bit inside too - my phone, cardholder, keys, lipstick, sunglasses, headphones, hand sanisiter - all of my basic, daily essentials!

All in all, I have to say that I absolutely love this bag and I am so glad I bought it. I truly do think I will be wearing it now and for years to come, so even though it is on the pricey side, it will last me forever.



Further info for reference:
  • Official name - Dionysus small GG shoulder bag
  • Price - £1,490
  • Outer material - canvas (coated)
  • Inner material - suede
  • Size - W28cm x H17cm x D9cm
  • Chain length - 38cm or 22cm depending on how worn
  • Where can you find it - Gucci
Hope you enjoyed this blog post and that you found it useful! x







You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. It’s nice collection! The fashion shoulder bag is at the bag store www.25880.com .

    ReplyDelete