Happy Valentine's Day....?

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Hey there!
Next week brings us the “most romantic day of the year” also known as 14th February and I wanted to talk about it in this week’s blog post.

Personally, I dread Valentine’s Day, and when I see the cards and flowers and heart-shaped boxes of chocolates being promoted everywhere from the last week of January onwards, it makes me cringe and shudder.



Whether I’ve been single or in a relationship, my feelings towards Valentine’s Day are the same either way. If you are single, it’s kind of like couples everywhere are rubbing their relationships in your face. If you are in a relationship, you can’t help having an expectation of how you want the day to go, and if/when it doesn’t, you wind up feeling angry or disappointed. Do you see what I’m saying? Regardless of your situation, I believe Valentine’s Day just makes people miserable and for that reason I am so against it!


That being said, I do use this opportunity to go out with my OTHER loved ones, my girls. We usually make plans every year to go for dinner and drinks, to spend quality time with each other in the midst of tables filled with guys that seem like they have been forced to wine and dine their girls and we always end up having the BEST time.

This outfit is something I would probably throw on for a dinner with friends.
I loved this blazer in Topshop when it came in store just before Christmas but I didn’t buy it as I was trying to be good (as always). Then I saw it in sale after Christmas and I didn’t think twice about picking it up (as always!).


I’ve worn it with my new favourite blue straight leg jeans and white slingbacks, both Zara along with this tee and belt to break it all up a bit. I've also worn some thick gold hoops which I picked up from Topshop and am absolutely loving!

Blazers are definitely becoming my go-to for most occasions, workwear, casual daytime, evenings. They just work so brilliantly and effortlessly in my wardrobe!



What do you guys normally do on Valentine’s Day? Do you love it or hate it? Let me know what you think!

Don’t forget you can catch me on Instagram @thestylecount to catch up with what I’m doing and wearing x









You Might Also Like

0 comments