Styling Skirts

Sunday, October 15, 2017

STYLING SKIRTS

As the weather gets colder, I find myself reaching for midi skirts more, especially if I still want to get my arms/legs out during the evening. Tights can get boring pretty quickly for me!

For today's blog post, I have styled two very different midi skirts to show how versatile they can be.

1. GREEN LACE

This gorgeous dark green, lace pencil skirt is from ZARA a few seasons ago but it's so classic, I have worn it time and time again. It works well with a chunky knit, roll necks, collar shirts and also t-shirts.

Here, I have paired it with a white, graphic tee and some croc-effect stilettos, both TOPSHOP. It's a very casual outfit with some clashes from the shoes, but it still looks very put together and classy at the same time. I LOVE the length of the skirt as it's almost ankle-grazing, so slightly longer than the midi length but not quite maxi. This length of skirt, I feel, is just that little bit more dramatic and adds an edge to the outfit as a pencil skirt can often be seen to be quite formal and corporate sometimes.







Find this season's Merci tee update here.

2. METALLIC PLEATS

The second midi skirt I have chosen to show you is a bit 'out there'. It is a metallic pink, pleated midi skirt from TOPSHOP. 

To be honest, I was instantly just drawn to this skirt for its sheer beauty, it is just a stunning item of clothing. However, once I had it hanging in my wardrobe, I'll admit that I really struggled to think of ways to wear it for a couple of months.

On a whim, the first time I wore it was to my brother's graduation with a crisp, white shirt and croc-effect sandals. It was a very last minute outfit choice but I absolutely loved wearing it. I felt chic and comfortable, it was light and airy to wear and it was easy to travel in too.

Here, I am wearing the skirt with an oversized grey knit which is also from TOPSHOP. This knit works well with the skirt due to the slits at the side and the ties on the sleeves. It opens the outfit up and makes it more 'I just threw this on'.

I have worn the same croc-effect stilettos again to make the outfit less girly! 






I hope this blog post offered you some inspiration and that you enjoyed reading it :) x


You Might Also Like

0 comments