Styling up my Yeezys

Monday, October 23, 2017

Hi all,

HAPPY MONDAY!

Today’s blog post is centred around the possibly controversial YEEZY BOOST 350 and how I wear them.


 I am a huge trainer fan, and love adding to my collection, although I don’t actually get much of an opportunity to wear trainers that often since I moved out of London earlier this year, but nevertheless the love is still there! You just can’t beat that feeling of wearing a boxfresh, Daz-white pair of trainers! I look after my trainers quite meticulously in order to retain their whiteness for as long as possible. I will always clean them after they’ve been worn and I will always rotate them to avoid one pair becoming more worn out than another.


Designed by Kanye West in collaboration with Adidas, Yeezys are highly sought after, and hugely glamorised by the likes of Kim Kardashian West, Gigi Hadid, Pharrell, David Beckham….the list goes on….

Naturally, I fell for them! I was lucky enough to get my hands on a pair of the YEEZY BOOST 350’s in 'TRIPLE WHITE' (s/o to the boy for making this happen!). I got them in a size 4.5 for the RRP £150.

To be brutally honest when I opened the box and tried them on, I was a little underwhelmed. I thought they made my feet look a weird shape and they felt a bit tight to wear. I even considered selling them at one point!



But as you can tell, they grew on me and I stuck with them, although they are definitely NOT an ‘everyday’ trainer like a Stan Smith or Nike Cortez could be. For me, these are the perfect pair of trainers for the airport or a day of shopping, where you can plan a laid-back outfit around the trainers, they're not something you can just shove on at the last minute. I personally don’t think they work well with certain styles of jeans, skirts etc. They do look great with leggings and joggers though.

I usually wear mine with a pair of neutral-coloured, fitted joggers that are ankle-grazer length,a basic crop top or tee or jumper and a jacket, which is usually maxi-length.

These joggers are Zara, as is the mac/trench coat (similar here). The crop is a beautifully simple, knitted one from Topshop, and my sunnies are Quay Australia.





What do you think? Do you have Yeezys? Would you buy them? How would you wear them?

I’d love to know!

I hope you enjoyed this post.

You catch more of my outfits via my Instagram @thestylecount x

You Might Also Like

0 comments