Bag Review - Gucci Marmont Crossbody Bag

Sunday, November 26, 2017

I wanted to do a bag review on my Gucci Marmont crossbody bag just in case any of you were contemplating buying it and wanted to know more about it (I know I always research and read other people’s reviews on bags and shoes before I consider buying anything!).


Buying a luxury bag is a big commitment and a huge decision for me personally. It’s a lot of money to pay for something, which some people may or may not agree with but I guess it’s a personal choice at the end of the day. I see these types of purchases as an investment. Some bags go up in value as time goes on, so you could actually end up making money if you ever decided to sell them on!

never rush this type of decision and I will often go and see the bag in store (usually more than once!) before I decide if I want to buy it. In the end, I bought my bag via Net-A-Porter. There was no real reason behind choosing this retailer except for me wanting to see what the experience was like (10/10 by the way!).

For me, this bag ticks a lot of boxes.
·         Relatively affordable (vs similar size/style bags from Chanel, Saint Laurent, Prada etc)
·         On trend right now but classic enough that I could see myself wearing it in years to come
·         Slots well into my wardrobe
·         Suitable for daytime and nighttime (the bag seriously fits SO much in there - my iPhone, makeup, cardholder, keys…super roomy and practical!)


The bag is truly beautiful, and as a huge Gucci fan, buying this bag was the best decision and the first step towards building my collection. No regrets!

It is easy to take care of, and suitable for pretty much any weather (although I wouldn’t take it out in the pouring rain anytime soon!).

It really finishes off any outfit, be it a smart check blazer with jeans or a winter dress with tights and boots (check out my Instagram @thestylecount to see all the different ways I wear this bag). It really does go with a lot, and the subtle, brushed gold logo detail adds the touch of luxury to my everyday wardrobe that I wanted!

All in all, I would definitely recommend this bag! It comes in velvet too, and in lots of different colours (red, nude, white and more) and also bigger sizes. BUT guys! My biggest piece of advice would be to make your purchase before the brand’s biannual price hike….when you’re lusting after a bag for months and then see the price increase by £50-£100, it can be quite painful!


Further info for reference:
·         Official name - GG Marmont matelassé mini bag
·         Price - from £715
·         Outer material - matelassé chevron leather
·         Inner material - microfiber lining with a suede-like finish
·         Size - W18cm x H12cm x D6cm
·         Chain length - 60cm drop
·         Where can you find it – Gucci, Net-A-Porter, Selfridges, Harrods, Harvey Nichols, lyst.com

Happy shopping!










You Might Also Like

0 comments