So I bought some blue velvet boots...

Sunday, November 19, 2017


Like a bolt of lightning, it seemed as though the moment Balenciaga's sock boots hit the runway, they were all over the high street!

SOCK BOOTS

There's been no getting away from them this season. They are everywhere, in different heel heights and colours and styles.

At first, I was adamant that I wouldn't buy into this trend, it would pass soon enough and I didn't need to get a pair. But as I always inevitably do, I caved.

I just think they look so great with a pair of raw hem jeans or a floaty midi dress, I had to snap up a pair. "Life's too short, buy the shoes" and all that!

I tried some from Topshop that were a silver, satin-esque type of boot for about £38 but they just didn't look right on me. 

Zara had a few pairs, in the bright red stretchy fabric aswell, making them a GREAT dupe of the infamous Balenciaga booties, but I wasn't willing to pay £70-£80 for the Zara ones.

Finally, via Instagram, I found these AMAAAAAZING blue, velvet ones from noneother than our very own Marks and Sparks!!!! AND they were only £39.50! (similar here)


Aren't they just stunning!

What I love more about them is that the heel is very comfortable so they can be for daytime or nighttime.

I often just wear them with a pair of jeans and a tshirt, these jeans are Topshop Boutique and the tshirt is Zara.

It's a great off-duty look with the rich velvet of the boots adding a little somthing-something to the entire look. I'm so happy I decided to pick these up!

Here are some links to some fabulous sock boots in the shops right now if you fancy getting your hands on a pair:

TOPSHOP (PLAIN)

Make sure to let me know if you decided to pick up a pair and how you styled them! x










You Might Also Like

0 comments