Why I am totalling buying into the 90's comeback

Sunday, April 15, 2018


First chokers were everywhere and everybody wore them channelling their inner Spice Girl...then came the sea of midriffs and bellybuttons as crop tops hit the high street...and slowly slowly, it seems like a 90's throwback is everywhere I turn as another 'new' old-school brand seems to make a comeback each week... 



At the moment, all I am seeing in the shops and across my social media are the "ugly" dad trainers, Kappa and Ellese tracksuits, corduroy flares, denim dungarees, spaghetti slip dresses; it's giving me all of the Saved By The Bell / Friends / Sabrina The Teenage Witch vibes and I am really enjoying it.

Why?



Well, first of all it totally justifies my desire to hold onto my clothes with every intention that I WILL wear these again; everything DOES come back around eventually in one way or another.

And secondly, because as people are remembering their old styles and how they used to dress, there is nostalgia in the air.

It brings us back to thinking of times when we weren't constantly glued to our iPhones, when we didn't think twice about our safety before booking a trip away, when people engaged with each other more, when doors were left open and your neighbours were actually your friends. It reminds me of the times when we were influenced by the likes of Spice Girls promoting #GirlPower rather than the reality stars who are famous simply for being famous.

I'm not for one minute saying that the world is an awful place, it's just that lots of things have changed and some are not always for the better. BUT we do have lots to look forward to and lots to be thankful for. It's now so much easier to stay in touch with loved ones that are far away, it's now so easy to become knowledgeable about anything you want to, and I don't know about you, but I would literally be lost without my SatNav. 

Other things I'm excited for include: ~The return of Love Island
~The Royal wedding
~Summertime!

I'm just saying that in the midst of Donald Trump becoming president and the looming Brexit, putting on a crop top and your old popper trousers, and knowing you're not alone can be somewhat comforting.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post.

I wonder if any of this resonated with you?

Don't forget to catch me on Instagram too @thestylecount

Until next time, thank-you for reading! x











You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I appreciate your recent effort. The style is really impressive. Can you please produce something productive about wholesale leggings uk . This will help me to get recent information about the product.
    latest women clothing

    ReplyDelete