The Wedding Diaries (4) - Pre-Wedding Thoughts & Feelings

Saturday, April 21, 2018

The months of planning are finally done...

The table plan has been tweaked and perfected...

The suitcases are all packed...

The big day is only days away and I am feeling quite reflective so I thought it would be a good idea to share my thoughts and feelings this close to my wedding, as it'll be another keepsake of the whole process.


On the 5th May 2018, I will become somebody's wife, marry my soulmate and begin a new chapter in my life. But how do I feel about it all? As a British-Indian girl, getting married is not just about getting married. There's so many other feelings and emotions to consider, as there is so much more going on in the periphery.

Integrating into another family
It is customary to live with your husband's family following the wedding, which we are planning to do. It will be nice to forge those new relationships and get to know each other better (and also save some money!) but I do feel nervous about it all, which I think is quite natural from speaking to other girls that have gone through the same thing. It's one thing getting to know my husbands habits and moods, but it's another getting to know his parents' too...and equally them getting to know mine. It's going to be a process to find the new comfort zone in the new chapter that we are all entering together.

Although since Ricky and I met, I have gone away on holiday with his family and spent lots of time at his family's house so we aren't too far away from this!


Leaving my old routine, moving out of my parent's home and my childhood bedroom
This definitely generates sad feelings for me to the point that I could honestly cry every time I think about it (and probably will cry buckets on the actual day) but I know it's something every girl has got to go through, and that change is absolutely necessary in order to grow. 

It's the little things about living with my parents that I will most the most, things like my dad deicing my car for me!

Although I am SO sad, I am immensely thankful for everything my parents have done to get me to where I am today and I know that realistically I could not live with them forever, it's a way of life, I have to flee the nest in order to make my own. 

Towards the actual wedding day and whether it all goes accordingly to plan 
There have been a lot of highs and lows to get to this point, I have been the most laid-back, almost uncaring bride-to-be and I've also been full-blown Bridezilla mode. It's been a crazy, emotional rollercoaster with tears and tantrums (mainly from my side) but also lots of giggles and laughs under the pressure of it all.

 

Ultimately, seeing all my friends and family come together and hearing how excited everybody else is to attend our wedding, having people travelling from Singapore and Canada to celebrate with us is definitely a special feeling.

I am beyond excited for the wedding week. I break up from work the week before my wedding. I am looking forward to catching up on my sleep and relaxing and seeing everything come together. I am looking forward to having that week at home and seeing my house filled with all of the people closest to me, bringing lots of love and laughter with them to see me off into married life. 

Guys, it's actually surreal that it's so very nearly around the corner.

Thank-you for reading this blog post, I hope you enjoyed it, and I will see you on the other side...wish me luck!!! 

Don't forget to check out my Instagram @thestylecount where you can follow all the shenanigans via Stories x




You Might Also Like

0 comments