The Wedding Diaries (5) - Honeymooning

Tuesday, June 05, 2018

Hi there!

I have to say, it feels super weird to be back here typing again...it feels as though so much has changed since my last blog post.

As you may know, I recently got married, and following our wedding, my husband and I (again, so weird!) travelled to Jamaica for our honeymoon. As I do following most of my trips, I wanted to fill you guys in a bit on where we stayed, what we did etc.

We flew from London Heathrow on Tuesday 8th May and returned on Sunday 20th May, so we were there for just under 2 weeks which was ample time for us to be to able to acclimatise, wind down (believe me, this took a couple of days!) and really enjoy ourselves.

The journey was about 12 hours as we had a brief layover, but overall the journey wasn't as bad as I was expecting.

We stayed at the relatively-new resort 'Breathless' in Montego Bay, and we also had access to the 2 neighbouring 'Secrets' resorts.

The resorts were impeccable; they were clean, modern, chic, sophisticated. Nothing was too much for the staff, every single one of them was super-friendly and hospitable.

There was tonnes of food options, from traditional Jamaican food, to French, Italian and Indian cuisine. There was always lots of entertainment to keep us...entertained. For example, every single day at 3pm, there was a foam party in the hotel pool which says it all really!

I guess the best way to summarise my review of the resort is to say we would definitely stay here again.

We ventured out of the resort a few times.

Before we left for Jamaica, a few people heavily recommended that we visit Negril beach and we were so glad for it. It was a beautiful, authentic beach where we ate fresh jerk chicken and met some locals. 

Also, we stopped by Rick's Cafe, one of the most famous cliffside bars known for its views of the sunsets whilst some people cliff dive. I would tell everyone visiting Jamaica to go there, it was such a fun and memorable evening.



One thing we hadn't been told much about prior to our trip was Dunnes River Falls. We visited the falls and actually climbed them as part of a group. This was enjoyable, and a way to break up an otherwise super-lazy trip. It wasn't too strenuous but got us moving and walking. In terms of the actually falls, to be honest, it wasn't hugely overwhelming but as I say, it was a nice way to break up the trip.

Finally I just wanted to let you guys know about the weather. We knew we were going during monsoon season but we figured it would rain for an hour or so a day and quickly dry up......nope.....I would say we had 2-3 hours of torrential downpour for about 5 days spread out during our trip which was not the best, but we weren't complaining! When it was hot, it was hot but mostly it was humid and cloudy on the days with no rain. 

That's about it from me but if you want to know anything more about our honeymoon in Jamaica, leave a comment below and I will get back to you. X

P.S. Apologies for the lack of photos, I was very lazy with shooting while we were there through pure exhaustion following the wedding madness, but there are more pics from the trip on my Instagram @TheStyleCount

You Might Also Like

0 comments