Stripes for Spring

Thursday, March 10, 2016


Hey there!

First of all, sorry for the major lack of posts recently - I have been busy with exams for the last couple of months.

As we entered March (and a new season), I decided it would be a perfect
opportunity to post an outfit for warmer weather. This might be a bit optimistic but why not?!

This is an outfit I actually wore last year around October but never got a chance to upload. [You can definitely tell they're old pictures because now my hair is all one colour!]


The whole outfit is based around the skirt, which is from Topshop. They brought this style out in a couple of different prints. It is a midi length and has a split up the front. I also ended up buying the dress version of the skirt as I love the colours in the print so much.

I have a couple of split front midi skirts already that I have blogged (plain black one in my very first post & plain minty-blue one worn in Dubai) which are more tailored and better for evening wear. The material of this skirt is more casual so it is easier to dress up and down.

I wore the skirt with a plain, grey V-neck tee and a faux leather jacket over the top (also both from Topshop). A plain top is definitely needed as the skirt is pretty bold. Here, I have my gold H&M sliders on, but I actually ended up wearing my white Superstars with it. 


I think this style of skirt could also look great with a bralet and heels, or a roll neck jumper and white plimsolls. It is super comfortable, although not very warm!

I have linked some similar midi skirts with front-splits below:


You Might Also Like

0 comments