Rio Carnival 2017

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Hey!

Continuing on from my previous post, I wanted to show you some more of my outfits that I wore during my recent trip to South America.

Before leaving Buenos Aires, we were able to go to Iguassu Falls to view them from the Brazilian side as this is more panoramic.

Again, I envisaged lots of walking so decided to dress comfortably. 

I wore a basic blue vest from Topshop with my metallic Zara runner shorts. The shorts are quite a bold look so I kept my top half quite simple. I wore my gold sliders as I thought they would complement the shorts nicely.




We then left Buenos Aires and flew to Rio for the carnival and some sightseeing.

First stop: Selaron Steps (the colour co-ordination was definitely not planned!)

I am wearing the same gold sliders with a yellow crop and grey denim high-waisted skirt, both from Topshop. The skirt is quite tight so not the best thing to wear when you're climbing steps but it was still manageable!



For a day of sightseeing (Sugarloaf Mountain & Christ The Redeemer) I wanted to wear something flattering, bright and also comfortable!

These shorts from Zara fit the bill perfectly. Teamed with a standard white Topshop cami, the outfit does come across quite tailored but the brown leather sandals dress it down enough for a more daytime feel. Adding a pair of heels and a blazer would easily turn this look into one that is nighttime ready, as I have worn with them before.



 For a fancy dinner with a spectacular view, I wore this River Island pencil skirt dress. This dress is easily about 5 years old but pretty timeless and always a perfect holiday choice with the tropical prints.


For the carnival block parties, the crazier the better!! This wacky tropical print shirt dress was perfect, if not a bit too loud. I wore it open with a vest and shorts underneath to break up the outfit a bit, making it less "in your face" but I would definitely wear it as a dress with heels too.



I hope you enjoyed some of my outfits I wore in Rio. 
Check out my Instagram (@thestylecount) for more outfit ideas!

x





You Might Also Like

0 comments