On my Suit and Tee

Tuesday, August 01, 2017


Hi!


Life update: Recently, there's been a bit of change in my life which has led to me moving out of London and starting a new job.

Part of this change has meant that my work wardrobe and casual wardrobe now need to become more separated as I now have to dress smarter for work, as opposed to the ripped jeans and Converse that I have become so accustomed to wearing!

This is what has inspired my latest blog post...WORKWEAR (my way!)

Look 1: Classic Black Trousers

I have always had some black trousers in my wardrobe as they go with pretty much everything. But as I wear them more frequently now, I have had to look for different versions of the classic black trouser. 

One pair I found in Zara are slightly cropped and flared, and look great with heels. I also picked up this pajama-style wrap top, which I think looks very smart together.

The colour pop of the shoes and lipstick break up the all black, which is needed.





Look 2: LBD

Not too much I can say here other than, similar to the black trousers, a black dress is a wardrobe staple for any wardrobe, work or casual.

I like that this dress has more of a demure look with the lace detailing and high neck and long sleeves.  



Look 3: Shirt and trousers

My go-to look for work is usually based around trousers as they're the least fussy and most comfortable thing to wear.

This grey pair are from Topshop and are high-waisted with a mensy look. Again, better with heels.

The top is a bit wild but this type of thing has been everywhere lately. Huge sleeves and ruffle detailing has been in all the shops, it's been hard not to buy into it!

I love this white shirt from Zara but it does require a more pared down bottom half.



Look 4: Jumpsuit

I don't feel as though many would opt for a jumpsuit for workwear but similar to trousers, they are so fuss-free and comfortable whilst also looking very smart...that's if you find the right one! You don't want too much flesh showing or want the fit to be too tight, so for me, this Topshop jumpsuit ticked all the right boxes. 

It has a sheer panel but in reality, it's not very sheer at all. The neutral colour is completely office appropriate too. 





Look 5: Suiting up

Probably my most favourite thing to wear to work is a suit. This is a new discovery for me and something I never thought I could/would wear, especially in this colour!

I feel very professional in this suit whilst also letting some of my style and personality show through. The trousers are tapered with slits at the ankle and the jacket is very fitted so it doesn't look too boxy or oversized.

Wearing the suit with a slogan t-shirt also breaks up the suit and stops it becoming too formal. I have worn heels here, but it would look equally as good with some boxfresh Stans too.

It is super comfortable to wear and is just such a 'put-together' look. I love this suit so much, I bought it again in a dark green colour for the winter.

My suit is from Topshop and no longer in stock but Zara currently have some great variations (which I am trying very hard to stop myself from buying!!).





I hope you liked these looks! Which was your favourite? 

I would love to hear your feedback. x

You Might Also Like

0 comments