Autumn/Winter Transitional Wardrobe Update Ideas

Sunday, September 17, 2017


Hey guys,


Hope you are all well.

Today's post is going to take a slightly different format to the usual.

I wanted to share 3 TOP TIPS to help you transition your wardrobe from the spring/summer that has just ended, into the autumn winter that is beginning!

The days are getting shorter, temperatures are dropping and it is so tempting to go shopping and buy a whole new wardrobe as the seasons change but there's no need! 

TIP ONE: MAKE ONE INVESTMENT

Okay, completely aware that I am contradicting myself first saying not to hit the shops and then saying to buy something, but hear me out.

In order to breathe life into your old jumpers and roll necks, it is wise to make one investment and purchase something that will lift your wardrobe and put a new twist on it all. This could be a new coat, a new pair of boots, a new pair of jeans...or in my case, a grey check blazer.








There is nothing new about this outfit other than the blazer (old jeans, old tee, old shoes) BUT the new blazer just makes it look completely brand new!

And it will do the same to my roll necks, skinny knit jumpers and dresses.

This is a trend piece, as you may have seen grey check blazers are EVERYWHERE at the moment. But it is what I chose to invest in for the new season and I think it will serve me well!

TIP TWO: LAYER

Layering is always your best friend. But for the colder seasons, it's your best friend that you visit more often.

It adds a pop of colour or texture to an outfit, whilst also serving a purpose of keeping you warm!

Layer a roll neck with a jumpsuit, a jumper with a dress, a long sleeve skinny knit jumper underneath a chunky knit...the possibilities are endless.







TIP THREE: RE-WEAR YOUR OLD ITEMS

I think the new season is a good time to rediscover old items in your wardrobe and wear them a bit differently.

This roll neck is my mum's old one, and I am wearing it completely differently to how she would have worn it when she bought it years ago.

Trends and styles have changed in between wearing items in your wardrobe so bring them out again and find new ways to wear them with the new additions in your wardrobe...they will look brand new!








Hope you enjoyed this post.

Let me know what you thought of it! X

You Might Also Like

0 comments