Styling Statement Earrings

Sunday, September 24, 2017


Hi everyone!

For this week's post, I have decided to wear 3 pairs of statement earrings in 3 different ways. I want to show how much they can really add to an outfit but also show how they are super easy to wear and to style!

Earrings have been EVERYWHERE over the last few months, in particular tasselled/fringed earrings! I first bought a pair back in May, I'm not really sure what drew me to to them as I hadn't actually seen many people wear them. I definitely had no idea they were going to become such a trendNeedless to say, after the first pair, soon followed a second pair and so, the obsession began!

The 3 outfits below are just my ideas and ways to style these bold accessories, however the possibilities are endless of course.

OUTFIT 1: JUMPSUIT

My rule with a statement pair of earrings is to make the rest of your outfit quite subtle/pared down. You don't want anything to overtake the earrings.

This jumpsuit is utility-style and one colour all over. The  clash of the mustard earrings complement the jumpsuit perfectly, instantly turning the outfit from casual to dressy.

Shoes are a pair of silver mesh mules from Topshop, again not too much going on here purposely to allow the earrings to do all the talking.







OUTFIT 2: BLAZER

The perfect outfit for an chilled evening of dinner and/or drinks in my opinion.

 I built the outfit by beginning with my favourite black skinnies, some Zara black patent courts and a white cami top. The tan leather belt breaks this up a little. I then added a plain blazer (I love love love the boyfriend slouchy fit of this one!). 

Now the outfit is just missing one final, finishing touch...earrings!

This pair are an oversized crystal style, and so they are very appropriate for evening-wear. They keep the outfit classy and chic in an understated way but just adding that little something something!






OUTFIT 3: WHITE SHIRT

The plain white oversized sized has been my absolute go-to when it comes to wearing statement earrings. It is the perfect item to allow the earrings to completely POP against and it is a complete fail-safe.

Wear the shirt with blue jeans/black jeans/leather skinnies...anything goes!

The earrings here are a coral, tassel style and they literally MAKE the outfit. This is ideal for day or night time too.

Shoes are black slingbacks from Topshop.





And that's it! I hope you enjoyed this post.

Check out my Rome blog post too, as I am also wearing a few more pairs of earrings with different outfits there too!

Let me know what you thought about this post or what your favourite outfit was! x

You Might Also Like

0 comments