Just Rome-in' about

Monday, September 04, 2017


Hello!


First of all, happy September guys! Where is this year going seriously?!

I recently visited Italy's beautiful capital city Rome and wanted to share some of my trip with you all - some general bits about the trip but mainly sharing some of my outfits with you of course!

The trip was from Thursday-Tuesday (5 nights) in the middle of August, and to say it was hot was an understatement! Temperatures reached around 35-37 degree during the day and it was honestly a real struggle to get up and about sometimes, but I found that the pit stops filled with Aperol Spritz' definitely helped :)

We stayed in the ROME TIMES HOTEL and I could not recommend it enough. Location was excellent (10 min walk from Spanish Steps & Trevi Fountain), the staff were brilliant, and as part of a new chain of hotels in Rome, it was really clean and modern!

So, onto the outfits...

The majority of these are daytime outfits, unfortunately there was never very good lighting to be able to take evening shots. I will be working on this though!

OUTFIT 1: GINGHAM

I nearly forgot! This post will also include the debut of my new friend, the Gucci Marmont crossbody, of which I am in complete and utter LOVE! After lusting after it for months, I treated myself for my birthday and can safely same I am now addicted to all things Gucci - help!

Back to the outfit!

I paired these gingham shorts with a basic black body, black Havaianas and my Gucci bag. The shorts were ideal to wear as they were airy, and the top dresses the look up a little. It's a fairly monochrome outfit, so I added some colour to the outfit via my lipstick.




OUTFIT 2: NO KNEES OR SHOULDERS

Now you may be thinking, why are you so covered up if it was so hot?!

Well, we were off to the Vatican this day and you have to cover your knees and shoulders as a sign of respect. I packed this charcoal grey jumpsuit as it is so loose and thin, it was actually cooler to wear. I popped a white tee underneath to cover my shoulders.

I love the lace-up detail on the back of this jumpsuit, it really just adds something different to a basic piece.

Again wearing my Havaiana's, along with some black tassel earrings as the outfit is quite plain, the earrings add an edge. And of course, wearing the bag!






OUTFIT 3: LITTLE PINK DRESS

I picked up this super cute pink dress from the Zara sale for around £30 and it is the perfect little summer dress! It has the statement sleeves that were everywhere this summer which makes it a little different.

With the dress, I have my Dior So Reals on, some beaded Zara slides and a basket bag from Next.

Again, ideal for hot climates as it is flowy and light, so no material clinging to you.




OUTFIT 4: INTO THE NIGHT

My first and last evening outfit for the blog unfortunately, but it is one of my favourites!

This UNREAL top is from a sample sale, however Topshop did brought it out in a dress version. It is quite daring with the plunge neckline but in a classy way, I think, as the net avoids any flesh from being on show. I wore the top with a black midi skirt from ASOS with a split in the front and some black barely-there sandals, and of course, the bag.

PACKING TIP: When packing for holiday, my general rule when deciding between outfits is to ask myself "would I wear this at home in the UK?" If yes, the outfit tends to stay at home. I feel holidays are a good excuse to wear something a little different that you wouldn't normally wear at home, something that goes against the grain for you. For me, that's what this top was.



OUTFIT 5: A TOP AND SHORTS

Another of my favourites! I picked up this asymmetric top from Topshop, and there's something about it that I just really love, as unusual as it is.

I wore it with some leather shorts, which weren't actually TOO bad to wear in the heat because the shorts are slightly loose so again, no sticking to my skin in the heat!

I also wore these beautiful pink tassel earrings from Zara which I think work so so well with the look! The contrast of colour against the blue and black just pops and I love it.

My shoes are some gold sandals with ties around the ankle, which are also from Topshop.





OUTFIT 6: BLACK ON BLACK

I had originally packed this top to wear in the evening but as our schedule changed a bit, we actually ended up visiting the Vatican twice so I needed something else to wear that covered my shoulders/knees (any excuse to shop really....!)

We popped into Zara looking for something to wear and I found these jeans in the sale section. They were black, looked culotte-esque with raw hems and high-waisted so I tried them on and fell in love. They were super flattering and something I could really see myself wearing back home too.

I knew I had this long sleeve top back at the hotel and it would go perfectly with the jeans too, so I bought them.

Oh and the best bit? THEY WERE EUR 5.99! FOR REAL! I thought, well even if I only wear them once, what's the harm?! 

The top is from Zara too, which I bought a while back, and I wore it with a basic black crop underneath and some MORE tassel earrings! You can never have too many right?!

The denim jeans weren't too bad to wear in the heat, helped by the fact that it was slightly cooler on the day I wore them so win win!

The belt is a tan leather one from Topshop which breaks up the black, and again wearing my black Havaianas as I didn't want to wear any shoes that would add anything to the outfit that wasn't needed.




So that's it! My Rome outfits.

What did you think? 

I would love to hear from you!

Instagram: @thestylecount
Email: thestylecount@gmail.com

Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments