3 Current Favourites - October

Monday, October 30, 2017


Hi all,

Today’s blog post is going to be a bit different from my usual format.

I wanted to talk all about the 3 items in my wardrobe that I am loving right now, also known as my 3 CURRENT FAVOURITES! I plan to do this post periodically, maybe every few months so you can see how my favourite items change over time. What do you think?

I don’t think any of them will be a huge surprise to you, if you’ve read my recent blog posts and seen my latest Instagram posts, you may have spotted patterns in what I buy/wear.

1. GREY CHECK BLAZER

One of the biggest trends of this season has been CHECKS, moreso in the form of a grey blazer. They have been everywhere lately, and whilst I wanted to get a piece of the action, I knew that when I bought a check blazer it would be something I would continue to wear, as it would transfer seamlessly into my officewear wardrobe. I am not somebody that immediately buys into trends, but I knew I would get lots of wear out of this blazer, trend or no trend!

I tried on a few blazers in H&M, Zara, Topshop but in the end I settled on this one. It was £69.99 and I love love LOVE it! It is fitted and not too thick or stiff, which makes it great to wear for drinks and dinners without having to take it off. It adds chicness to an outfit, and I am loving the incorporation of tailored pieces into everydaywear.

There is a blog post coming soon talking all about the checks trend, so make sure you keep a look out for it!




2. GOLD EARRINGS

Tassel earrings stole my heart this summer and I wasn’t quite ready to let go of them as we entered the new season. Cue me entering MAGPIE-MODE and purchasing absolutely anything shiny that can be hung from my ears. I have bought a few pairs of statement gold earrings over the last couple of months and I even dabbled in a gold hoop which is a first for me!

I’m not sure what it is that I love, but it just finishes off any outfit for me, whether it be smart or casual. I have worn them constantly for the last few weeks and don't plan to stop doing so anytime soon!



3. VANS

I have always been a devout Converse-wearer. At one point, I think I had 5 pairs in my collection; white, cream, burgundy, high-rise, low-rise, I loved them! I never thought of myself as a Vans kind of person, I never felt I was cool enough! But as athleisure creeps more and more into the High St, I feel that the boundaries surrounding different types of trainers and sneakers have relaxed and lately, anyone pretty much wears whatever they want.

I picked up a pair of Vans unknowing just how easy they would slot into my wardrobe. They go with EVERYTHING, arguably more than my faithful Stans?! Plus they are super comfortable to wear. If you haven’t tried them, I would seriously recommend. It's official, I am a CONVERT.



 I hope you enjoyed reading this slightly different blog post. Maybe it even persuaded you to try some of these items! x

You Might Also Like

0 comments