How I Save For Designer Purchases

Monday, March 12, 2018

Hi loves,

For this week's blog post, I thought I would try to give you guys a bit of an insight into how I save up to shop designer goods.

Firstly, I think a bit of context is needed. I have a full-time job which allows me to fund my lifestyle myself comfortably but I also work really hard and have to save up in order to be able to splurge on something. If I want something, I will only buy it for myself if I can afford it. I don't and won't rely on anybody else to buy these things for me. 

Secondly, buying designer goods is a huge deal for me!


1. SAVE THOSE GIFTS!

When your auntie gives you £20 at Christmas, or your granddad gives you £10 for your birthday, I would say always put these small cash sums towards your luxury savings. The pennies make pounds and you would be surprised with how quickly it all adds up! It's hard to put this into practice surprisingly because it's so easy to use that £10 gift on a little Starbucks pick-me-up, but then how far did that gift really go for you? Bank it!


2. SELL, SELL, SELL!

Clothes and shoes and bags sitting in your wardrobe not being worn is a waste of space and could be bringing in money for you. Have a wardrobe clear-out and sell those pieces that you probably will never ever wear again. Again, it all adds up plus it actually feels very cathartic to be ridding yourself of old, unused items in your wardrobe in order to buy yourself something that is more of an investment, that you know will last you for years to come.


3. GOOD OLD-FASHIONED SAVING

Then of course, there's the good, old-fashioned saving. Each month, I try to put away some money that is intended to go towards a luxury purchase. However, I don't save in the same way as I would save for a car or house; this luxury purchase is not a necessity so there are months where I can't save anything and months where I can. 

It's not the end of the world, I fully realise that there are other more important things in my life that I need/want to prioritise such as our wedding, and wanting to travel. 

I will buy what I want when I can afford to, whether it takes me two weeks, two months or two years and it will feel just as great whenever it happens. You have to stay patient with it! It can be a slow process.


And that's it! That's all I really do to save up money for those extra-special purchases for myself, and I often use them to recognise something I have achieved for myself such as a new job.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post, it was more to recognise the images portrayed on social media, that shopping luxury is an everyday thing, which for me it completely is not!

Don't forget to check out my Instagram @thestylecount to keep up with everything I'm doing, not just my blog posts! x





You Might Also Like

0 comments