How I've Learned To Dress For My Shape

Monday, March 05, 2018

Hi loves!

For this week's blog post, I wanted to talk to you about how I've learned to dress for my body shape as I've grown older.



Today, I put comfort over everything when I'm choosing something to wear. If I'm not 100% comfortable wearing something, it shows on my face and my body language, even my mood. It really affects me!

I am all for pushing out of your comfort zone and wearing something you wouldn't normally wear, but I wouldn't go as far as wearing something that I felt ridiculous in.

Years ago, whilst I was at university, I tried to wear bodycon skirts and dresses like all of the other girls were wearing and I remember feeling so on edge about it. I hated it, and it totally shows on my face in all the photos I feel. Honestly, my face is a mixture of forcing a smile and breathing in waaay too much.

Through growing up, I've learnt a lot.



I've since learnt to be happy in my own skin. I've learnt that we all have different body shapes and things that we like/dislike about ourselves. But most importantly, one of the best things I've learnt is to EMBRACE it all.

I don't have to wear what everybody else is wearing and I don't have to like what everybody else likes (which is often the case!).

I now recognise and choose to emphasise my favourite assets.

I have long legs and skinny ankles (thanks Dad!) which means that skirts are in fact my best friend (this one is ASOS).

I have always had a muffin top tummy and I don't like cleavage so I avoid anything that accentuates my midriff/chest.

When buying t-shirts, I choose to buy them in a size 12 rather than a size 8 to make them loose rather than tight (this one is from TOPSHOP).

I've learnt that I really love anything oversized on me, which is nothing to do with my size, again it's just my preference for comfort and it's what makes up a HUGE part of my style! 

To be completely honest, these old thoughts have resurfaced recently due to upcoming trips to Miami and Vegas requiring me to "dress up" for that super-glam nightlife. I saw my friends rocking their dresses and for about 4 seconds, I wished I could wear something like that. But instead of dwelling on these thoughts, I remembered how much I loved what I was wearing instead and how much fun I was having on the trip.

Everybody has their own shape and style and we should all embrace these to inspire others.

Let's throw out compliments to each other like we do to those random girls in the club toilets after ones too many drinks; let's share those good vibes x










You Might Also Like

0 comments